12 Days of Deals - Day 1
On the first day of Christmas, Tycon gave to me, $20 off the ProWeatherStation.
The ProWeatherStation makes an exceptional gift. Make sure to order yours today!
ONLY $79.95 after discount!
How to Buy:
Use Promo Code: 20OFFPWS.
Independence Day was in 1776; that's 241 years ago. Can you believe that?
This year, to celebrate the fourth of July we are offering FREE ground shipping on orders over $995. Since we are closed the 3rd and 4th, you can redeem your free shipping on the 5th and 6th of July! Make sure to use the code above :-)
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.
Meet Solar Stanley,
PS15V - PS24V - PS48V
The PS Series low cost auto ranging switching wall plug power supplies have up to 18W capacity. The desktop are 60W or 120W capacity.
They are available in a North American plug or European Plug model.
The small size and unique AC plug orientation of the wallplug power supply takes up less room on a plug strip or wall socket because it only takes a single position. Supplies are certified by UL, CE & comply with RoHS requirements. The 15W to 60W come with a 5.5/2.1mm DC Barrel Connector with center positive.
The 120W comes with a locking 4pin Mini DIN connector. The Pinout of the DIN Connector is as follows: (Note: Mating 4P Mini Power DIN Connector CUI Inc. Model:5700037)
Background: Using a shunt resistor can allow you to measure very high currents using the TPDIN-Monitor-WEB2. A shunt resistor is an external high current capacity resistor that is placed in-line with the current circuit. The shunt is usually constructed of an alloy called Manganin (86% Copper, 12% Manganese, 2% Nickel) because it has a stable resistance over temperature. The TPDIN-Monitor-WEB2 measures the voltage drop across the resistor and displays the appropriate current.
2. Selecting a shunt resistor depends on how much current you need to measure. You can use the tool above to find the resistance needed to meet your Max Current requirements by changing the Shunt Resistor Ohms value until the Max Current displays your required current and then finding a shunt with the proper resistance and minimum watts value. For instance in the example above you may need to measure up to about 300A. You will need to find a shunt resistor with 0.000100 Ohms and at least 11W power capacity.
3. Another way to select a shunt is to find an available shunt with a current rating higher than your required current. Most common shunts are 75mV shunts. The TPDIN-Monitor-WEB2 shunt input is +/- 33 mV. When using a 75mV shunt you will need to de-rate for a 33mV input.
a.For example, a 100A 75mV shunt will only be able to display up to +/- 44A on the TPDIN-Monitor-WEB2 (75mV/33mV = 2.27 100A/2.27 = 44A)
b.Another way is to look at shunt resistance: 100A 75mV shunt , (E/I=Ω), 75mV/100A = 0.00075Ω. Enter the 0.00075Ω to the System page and you will see Max Current is 44A.
Stay up to date on our new products, check out some Remote Power applications and more by signing up for our quarterly newsletter.
Sign up for our newsletter, TODAY!
If you would like a RemotePro™ Solar System, but you aren't sure how to calculate the correct system. Fill out the form below and someone from our sales team will get back to you within 48 hours.
• Input Voltage 9-36VDC
• 24V Gigabit Passive 4 Pair PoE Output
• Dual Inputs for Connecting 2 Power Sources
• Integrated 10/100/1000MB PoE Inserter
• High Power up to 24W
• Short Circuit, Over Current and Reverse/Over Voltage Protect
• High Temperature Operation to 70C
• Built-in Low Battery Disconnect and Surge Protection
Introducing our new 100W and 200W continuous power output solar systems. These RemotePro™ systems come with a large aluminum enclosure, solar charge controller, solar panels, batteries, required cabling, and mounting hardware (everything but the pole). These systems can manage heavy loads where the sunlight is plentiful, or lighter loads with only a little bit of sunlight. Go to our Solar Calculator to size your system today. If you don't know how to use the calculator or would like us to verify which system will work best for your application, click here.
-802.3at PoE input , 802.3af and Passive PoE outputs
-Extended Temperature Range: -40 to +70C
-Short Circuit and Over Current Protection
The POE-SPLT-48G-VUB is an active splitter which accepts an 802.3at Mode A/B or passive PoE (2 or 4 pair) input and provides two PoE outputs. Output 1 is an 802.3af Mode B PoE output with Data and PoE. Output 2 is a 48V Passive PoE Mode B output with PoE only, no data. The splitter is designed to supply power and data to one device and power only to the second device.
It is Gigabit compatible providing speeds to 1000MB. There are various protections for short circuit, overload and low voltage disconnect.
Sort by Month
Sara, Tycon Systems Marketing Department.